Not every plumbing problem warrants calling a 24 hour plumber. However, sometimes the longer you wait, the greater the risk of water and property damage.
When faced with a decision whether to call for immediate repairs or wait to make an appointment, it’s best to err on the side of caution and call Quahog Plumbing. Our experts are standing by 24/7, ready to help. In Bristol County, call 401-307-5451.
We offer the following services:
Please read our customer reviews then call to schedule your appointment.
When To Call A Drain Cleaning Company
If you’re like most homeowners, you don’t think much about your plumbing and drains until there’s a problem.
And when drains become clogged, it’s natural to reach for a plunger or drain cleaner. However, drain cleaning is best left to the professionals, and here are a few reasons why.
Fixing clogged drains yourself with plungers, coat hangers, drain cleaners, or other home remedies can cause more damage than the initial clog. Often, people misuse tools or apply too much pressure, which can weaken pipe joints.
Also, many clogs lie deep in the plumbing system, so deep that drain cleaners and plungers can’t reach. Professional plumbers have state-of-the-art high-def cameras to quickly pinpoint a clog’s location, which beats poking around and hoping for the best.
Lastly, if you damage your pipes trying to repair a clog, you’re the one who has to pay to fix it. If you hire a professional plumber who makes a mistake, they’re responsible for making it right.
The next time you have significant drain clogs or slow drains, call Quahog Plumbing for safe, effective drain cleaning.
Our Trusted Emergency Plumbing Repair
Depending on the plumbing problem, you may have to take immediate action, or maybe you can wait to schedule an appointment.
The trouble is, sometimes seemingly innocuous plumbing issues can cause severe damage if left alone for too long.
Here are the most common situations where you should call for emergency plumbing repair.
- Flood Risk Whether it’s a failed sump pump or a burst pipe, flood damage can cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars to fix. If there’s a risk of water in the house, call for immediate assistance.
- Sewer Backup When there’s a backup in your sewer line, there’s a risk of sewage flowing back into your house, which creates a significant health hazard.
- No Water Losing access to water means you can’t wash or use the facilities, and it makes other chores like cooking and cleaning difficult as well.
If you’re not sure whether to call for emergency plumbing repair or not, it’s better to err on the side of caution and call Quahog Plumbing instead of risking damage to your home and property.
For all of your residential plumbing needs, contact us first!
Signs You Need Hot Water Tank Replacement
Fortunately, most water heaters give off telltale signs telling you that replacement is in your future. So, here are the signs to watch for.
- Age The average lifespan for a water heater is about 10 to 12 years, and after that, it’s on borrowed time no matter how well maintained it is. If you’re not sure about your water heater’s age, you can check the serial number, which should be on the top of the unit.
- The Heater Makes Strange Noises Sediment buildup can cause the water heater to make strange popping or banging sounds as it ages. When sediment builds up in the tank, it hardens, which causes the sounds.
- Rusty Water Rusty water coming out of the hot water tap usually means your water tank is rusting. Once rust sets in, it’s only a matter of time before it eats all the way through, and you end up with water all over your floor.
- The Hot Water Doesn’t Last Another sign you need to replace your water heater is if the hot water doesn’t last as long as it used to. Lack of hot water usually means a heating element is failing or you have too much sludge built up in the tank. Either way, when this happens, plan on replacing the system soon.